A few years back, I tried these lovely biscuits with my cuppa. It turned out they're my 'cup of tea'! I just loved the combined buttery taste with chewy cranberries!
I started looking for recipes to make them at home. It was actually much simpler than I initially thought. Even faster than simple butter cookies. And when I serve them, I always get the best of comments. Do try!
1,5 – 2 HOURS
13 - 15 MINUTES
35 MINUTES (WITHOUT COOLING)
- 240gr butter, at room temperature
- 120 gr powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 vanilla pod
- ½ tsp salt
- 275gr flour for all uses
- 90gr cranberries, chopped
- Beat the butter to soften in a bowl. Add sugar, continuing to stir and add the vanilla, and salt. Gradually reduce speed adding flour in. Finally, sprinkle the chopped cranberries, stirring once again to spread evenly.
- Split the mixture into two and each of them on to cling film and wrap it, making a 'sausage' with 4cm diameter.
- Fridge them for 1.5 to 2 hours until hardened.
- Take them out and cut into slices about 1 cm thick using a sharp knife.
- Place them on the baking tray, allowing a 3 cm gap between them and bake in preheated oven at 180C (Celsius) degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Take them out and wait five minutes before using a spatula to place them on the rack to cool.