I am so excited about today because I have something completely different. My good friend Faisal from London sent me his amazing bbq recipe.
Faisal is a chef who works in some of London’ s top restaurants such as Kurobuta and the Michelen stared Connayght Hotel.
He is half Greek, from here in Crete actually which had spend the most of his summer vacations, and passionate about Greek food.
Paidakia is one of the Greece’ s top bbq dishes and Faisal’ s twist on it takes it to another level. It’ s so simple and tasty it get’ s addictive.
1 HOUR TO ALL NIGHT
- 600 g. lamb chops
- Fresh juice of half a lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- olive oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 hot red chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- I put the chops in a bowl and add garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, rosemary and red pepper. Throw liquid, lemon juice and olive oil, mixing well the whole mix to go to the meat.
- I cover with foil and put in the fridge, leaving the lamb marinade for 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and spread the ribs to the barbecue grill or oven throwing over with the marinade. Leave for 4-6 minutes each side and turn on the other.
- Remove from the grill, serve and sprinkle top with olive oil, salt and lemon juice.