The most famous crunchy biscuits for years, with lots of sesame and oil. Perfect to accompany our coffee or milk made even better when we dive into the drink.
So good for our body with olive oil and sesame, appeal to all ages and is easy to take with us to enjoy at work or at school for kids. Eaten all day and when you eat the first is difficult to stop. Therefore the dose make many, you do not do the mistake to make less because will regret it later.
1 HOURS & 40 MINUTES
2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES
- 360 ml olive oil
- 400g sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 120 ml natural orange juice
- 120 ml alisiva boiled, cold (with 1 tablespoon ash)
- 40 ml brandy or raki
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon clove powder
- ½ teaspoon ammonia
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 600 g. (approximately) soft flour
- 400 g. sesame
- I put the sesame seeds in a colander and wash 2-3 times with plenty of water. The wring well, spread on a kitchen towel (old why lubricated) and cover with it.
- I make alisiva by putting a pan double the amount of water and dissolving means 1 tablespoon clean ashes (originating from wood without chemical). Just boil the mixture for 1 minute, remove from heat and having leave 10-15 minutes 'sit' ashes at the bottom, slowly get the top of the liquid into another bowl, leaving the pot ash and a portion of the liquid. I leave it to cool completely and then with a strainer that means I put cotton strain again the liquid into another container and have ready the alisiva.
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, sugar, raki, alisiva, lemon zest, cinnamon and cloves. Split orange juice in two equal parts, to one dissolve the ammonia and throw in the big bowl and the other dissolve soda and add it and the bowl.
- Mix well the ingredients by hand and gradually throw the flour until a dough that does not stick in my hands. I lay in the bowl, cover with a film and leave in the fridge to rest for half an hour.
- When I remove it from the refrigerator, I get a bit of the dough at a time (18gr) make a little ball and open a stick length of about 10 cm. Then I roll the stick on the sesame seeds to stick well and put the pan on greaseproof paper.
- Baking the pans in pairs in a preheated oven in air at 1800 C for 25 - 30 minutes, to darken the color. After that period Remove from the oven, leave to cool 2 minutes and put in onto rack to cool completely.
- Eaten cold and I keep in tightly closed box.