Hearty, healthy, classic Greek food perfect for cold winter days we expect. The giants are a legume little misunderstood, many do not like but with proper sauce become juicy and tasty.
This recipe with red spicy sauce and olive oil, soften in the oven and red pepper adds this spicy character. The sausage distributes smoked aroma throughout the food made even passionate meat eaters to worship.
A food that participate in the contest BEST FOOD BLOG AWARDS organized by ΒΗMAgourmet. Paxxi chosen in predominantly blogs in the category «Best Family Food». With selected quality products from AB Basilopoulos which supported the contest. The public is proactive and their vote would bring favorite food blogger, so those who want, can vote support our efforts HERE with their vote.
1 HOUR & 35 MINUTES
- 500 g. beans Western Macedonia elephants giants (AB near the Greek Earth)
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 250 g. sausages, sliced
- 5 (400 g.) medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsn tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 piece celery, chopped
- 240 ml extra virgin olive oil Kalamata (AB near the Greek Earth)
- From last night I put in a large bowl giants along with the chopped carrots with water to cover the 3 cm to swell.
- In a pressure cooker skillet with a slotted spoon throw beans, recap with water to cover 5 cm. I leave to boil at high temperature and just start whistling, lower temperature and leave for 25-30 minutes.
- However mince all my ingredients in a pan, sauté the sausage for 2-3 minutes and remove on a plate.
- In a medium saucepan hurl 4 tablespoons olive oil, saute for one minute onion for another one minute garlic, then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano. Boring chili peppers with a toothpick to put in, continue adding the tomato paste after first dissolve in 60 ml water. Finally fill with chopped celery and simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes until cooked tomato.
- The giants and the sauce is almost ready together. Drain the beans, put them in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil. Mix and add the sauce after I first removed the red pepper. Throw other 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil mixed well all the food and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove the foil and let it take color and soften for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately accompanied with fresh bread, feta cheese and cabbage - carrot salad.